(VOCAL, ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENT, CHAMBER ENSEMBLE)
DATE: Deadline for uploading video to YouTube is January 23, 2021. Enrollment period is November 1 to December 1, 2020 on new.mtac.org
Where: Online Competition through YouTube upload
VOCE fees: Due December 10, 2020 on new.mtac.org
Solo Application Fee 65.00
Solo Non-Competitive Application Fee 45.00
Ensemble Application Fee (per student) 50.00
Ensemble Non-Competitive Application Fee (per student) 30.00
Chair: Pama Lynn Broeckel; Pamalynnb@gmail.com
- The VOCE Auditions are an MTAC State-sponsored event that is either competitive or noncompetitive.
- The competitive events are designed to qualify students to advance to the State Finals; the noncompetitive events are designed to encourage young or new students to VOCE.
- Written evaluations from judges are given to students for both the competitive and noncompetitive auditions.
- Categories include Solo Winds, Strings, and Voice and Chamber Ensembles. See the Guidelines at new.mtac.org for ages and literature requirements.
- Each group will be limited to 10 minutes to include set-up and tuning (doesn’t apply this year)
- Applications for entry and payment must be made online at new.mtac.org.
- For additional information about the VOCE program, you may email Pama Lynn Broeckel (see above) or Jane Masur, email@example.com.