DATE: May 23, 2020
Registration opens: April 22 Registration closes: May 15
Where: ONLINE (Video Submission Closes May 22, 2020 at 11:59 PDT)
Fee: $25 per student (includes processing fees). The teacher registers and pays online at NSDMTAC.com.
Festival Rules and Guidelines
- This competition is open to pianists of teachers and contributory members of NSDMTAC. All participants must have a signed copy of the NSDMTAC Parent Consent Form on file before the registration deadline.
- Student limit: 9 students per teacher.
- Students will compete based upon their age as of May 23, 2020. The age divisions as follows:
- Division I (age 9 and under)
- Division II (age 10-11)
- Division III (age 12-13)
- Division IV (age 14-15)
- Division V (age 16-18)
- Compositions must be in their original form, No transcriptions, key changes, or arrangements. No unpublished works.
- A First, Second, and Third place and possibly Honorable Mention will be awarded for each Division at the judges’ discretion and will be announced through email.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Video and Music Submission Rules and Guidelines:
- Recording device doesn’t have to be a professional equipment. You may use your cell phone, tablet or camera, however inadequate audio and video quality will be disqualified.
- Student must dress in appropriate recital attire as if in front of an audience.
- Students perform one movement from a Sonata or Sonatina from any time period and any difficulty. No repeats.
- Recordings must be genuinely performed by student. Student’s head, arms, hands and pedals must be visible on the video at all times during the performance.
- Student’s performance must be memorized. (No music reading during the performance)
- Recordings must be student’s most recent performance, within 1 month.
- Recordings must be completed in one full take. Editing/stopping camera during recording and/or adding any effects such as “reverb” and background noise will not be accepted.
- The recording video file must be uploaded on to the YouTube video. (Please read #8 below for help with upload procedure)
- Clearly label the uploaded files with student’s number received from Festival Chairs after registration was completed, and the name of the composer and work number and movement. (Format example: 23. Clementi Sonatina Op. 36, No. 1, 1st movement)
- Scan and save the composition/piece that the student performed as a PDF file.
- Email YouTube URL and PDF file of scanned piece to both chairs, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Upload:
- Sign in to YouTube
- A parent can create an account at www.youtube.com.
- You can sign into YouTube with your google account.
- At the top of the page, click “Upload”.
- Select upload video
- Before you start uploading, you can choose the video privacy settings (“Public” or “Unlisted”
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer or other devices.
- Sign in to YouTube
- Submission Checklist:
- A completed Application form online
- Payment online
- Email both chairs a signed copy of the NSDMTAC Consent/Release form
- Email both chairs a copy of Age Proof Document (Passport, Birth Certificate, School ID with Birthdate)
- Email both chairs YouTube video URL (link)
- Email both chairs PDF file of music