DATE: March 25, 2021 (online audition)
Registration opens: January 29, 2021
Registration closes: March 20, 2021
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA JUNIOR BACH FESTIVAL – DETAILS
Type of Event: Competition. 3 adjudicators select winners to perform in the Bach Regional Festival in May. Adjudicators select winners from the regional festival. Regional winners who performed works from the 2021 Complete Works list have the opportunity to compete at the Complete Works Auditions in October 2021.
Instruments: Piano, Organ
Registration: Log in on the Southern California Jr. Bach Festival website.
If you have never entered students in this festival, go to “New Teacher: complete instructions for teachers.” If you are a returning teacher but forgot your username, contact Holly Franz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: $35 per student. Student registration fees are paid by mailing a check payable to “Northern San Diego MTAC” to Holly Franz postmarked by March 20, 2021 (please see January 29th email for mailing address).
Co-chairs: Holly Franz, email@example.com 858-472-5923, Carol Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org 760-224-1123
FESTIVAL RULES AND GUIDELINES: Go to www.scjbf.org for official rules and guidelines, including acceptable repertoire, judging procedures, and information regarding the Complete Works Audition.
Video Recording and Uploading Details:
1. The video must consist of unedited, uninterrupted video footage of the student recorded in one take from a single camera angle so that the judges can see the full instrument (including the music rack for pianists) and performer’s face and hands. (including feet and pedals are optional). Please remove all items from the piano especially sheet music so there is no question about memorization.
2. Videos may be recorded at any venue the student, parents, and teacher prefer.
3. No verbal announcements or bowing before/after the performance on the video.
4. Students will upload their performance videos to YouTube as “unlisted”. Do not include student names on the videos. Instead, put the repertoire played and the student’s initials in the YouTube title line.
For example: Invention No.9, JT.
5. The 5-minute time limit is still valid so videos must not exceed 5 minutes of actual playing time. Students should only record the first 5 minutes of their piece.
– Student’s Name
– YouTube link to the student’s performance
– Title of Bach Piece
– Teacher’s Name