DATE: SATURDAY MARCH 9, 2019
Registration opens: FEBRUARY 4, 2019
Registrations closes: MARCH 4, 2019
Where: St. Thomas Moore Catholic Church, 1450 South Melrose Drive, Vista, CA 92056
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA JR. BACH FESTIVAL – DETAILS
Type of Event: Competition. Adjudicators select winners to compete at Saddleback College for the Bach Regional Festival.
Instruments: Piano, Organ
Registration: Log in on the Southern California Jr. Bach Festival website www.scjbf.org.
If you have never entered students in this festival, go to “New Teacher: complete instructions for teachers.” If you are a returning teacher but forgot your username, contact Holly Franz, email@example.com
Fee: $35 per student. Login at nsdmtac.com and go to “Payments” to pay the fee. $10 one-time teacher fee that you will pay the first time you login to scjbf.org
FESTIVAL RULES AND GUIDELINES: Go to www.scjbf.org for official rules and guidelines, including acceptable repertoire, judging procedures, and information regarding the Complete Works Audition
BAROQUE FESTIVAL – DETAILS
Type of Event: Competition. Adjudicators choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Instruments: Piano, Organ, Strings, Woodwinds
To Register: Go to the branch website, nsdmtac.com, click on “Login”, then “MTAC Events”. Look for “Baroque Festival” and click on “Register for Event”. If your student name does not appear, you will need to return to “Main Menu” and click on “My Students” to add a new student.
Registration: January 2 – February 2, 2018
Fee: $35 per student. Login at nsdmtac.com and go to “Payments” to pay the fee.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Students perform one original work, in the original key, by a Baroque composer or from the Anna Magdalena Bach Notebook, Anh 113-132. (Students performing other works by Johann Sebastian Bach will register in the Southern California Jr. Bach Festival at scjbf.org)
- Repeats are optional.
- Transcriptions are allowed only if is an original transcription by a Baroque composer, of a Baroque work. Transcriptions by J.S. Bach should be entered in the Southern California Jr. Bach Festival.
- Music for piano, strings and woodwinds must be memorized.
- Students must bring original music to the festival for adjudicators to view. No photocopies allowed.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Teachers registering students will be asked to help the day of the festival.
- Click for festival rules and guidelines.