DATE: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2017
Registration opens: October 7 Registration closes: October 28
Where: SoCal Pianos 307 E Carmel St, San Marcos, CA 92078
Fee: $30 per student solo or $40 per duet team, plus PayPal fees. The teacher registers and pays online at NSDMTAC.com.
Chair: Linda Rohmund (Lindapiano@yahoo.com), 760-815-4389; Nelly Kras
FESTIVAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- This Festival is open to all disciplines (including Voice), and is in recital format.
- Students must dress in appropriate recital attire and stay for the entire recital in which they perform.
- There is no limit of students per teacher, but only 5 students per teacher may participate in a single recital (festival participants will be divided into multiple recitals to avoid overly-long programs).
- Time limits are as follows:
Beginner, Prep-L 2 min
Intermediate, L4-7 4 min
Advanced, L8-10 6 min
- (Duet participants click here).
- Each student may play one piece that was written by a composer/artist who was (or is) living between the years 1950 through 2016. Examples of artists include Dimitri Kabalevsky, George Gershwin, John Williams, The Piano Guys, Joe Hisaishi, Jim Brickman, George Winston, music from Broadway productions, Disney music, Pop artists, etc.
- Students may play an arrangement of a piece, or even play a piece they have written or arranged.
- If a student sings a song, the lyrics must be appropriate; no profanity or inappropriate lyrics will be allowed.
- Vocalists may bring an accompanist, use a CD, or bring their IPad with the accompaniment purchased through ITunes. There will be an adapter available to plug the IPad into a speaker. If using a karaoke version, please do not have any backup singers in the music. We want to hear the student’s voice only. Choose a karaoke version that has no backup singers.
- All music must be memorized.
- Please bring the original music for the evaluator to view. No photocopies from published music books are allowed. If you buy your music from the Internet, you must provide proof of your purchase in print and place your music with the proof of purchase together in a binder.
- In addition to a written evaluation, each student will receive a Popular Festival participation medallion.
- Teachers with students in the festival will be asked to help at the event.